1. Please read the full terms of the new puppy health guarantee before putting a deposit down on any puppy as deposits are non refundable.
2. Deposits are $400 per puppy. Deposits are non refundable.
3. Deposits will be moved to the next litter.
4. The deposit will put a hold on the puppy of your choosing until the puppy is ready to go home with you.
5. Puppies will be held for 8 weeks with an additional cost of $100 each week after if the puppy is unable to go home with you at the age of 8 weeks. Puppies will be held for no longer than 10 weeks of age.
6. At the time of pickup, you are required to bring the rest of the amount you and the breeder have decided on. Cash Only.
7. You will receive a receipt when you pick up your puppy along with a bag of food, a collar, a leash, and your puppy’s health records.
8. All puppies have passed a health check from a licensed vet before they are allowed to leave from the breeder’s home..
9. You are not to rehome or surrender the puppy under any circumstances without contacting the breeder first.
10. Breeding of any dog purchased from Southern VA Great Danes is forbidden.
1. If a genetic condition or congenital abnormalities are found, that is determined by your vet to be detrimental to the puppy’s long term health and is considered fatal to the puppy;
a. At your expense a second opinion from our vet of choice, Danville Animal Medical Center or its affiliates, is to be considered final, regarding non-genetic illnesses, genetic condition or congenital abnormalities and cannot jeopardize the seller if the puppy is mis-diagnosed by the buyer’s veterinarian regarding diagnosis or prognosis of the condition.
b. If the puppy is deemed to have a detrimental health problems that is fatal, at that time the buyer may return the puppy within 24 hours, for one of like quality and sex, as determined by the breeder, if any puppies are left in the litter. (any medication, testing, etc done while at your veterinarian will be the responsibility of the buyer and will not be refunded. Any items bought for said puppy, beds, leash, collar, food, toys, etc will not be refunded.)
2. It will be up to us, the breeders, to decide when the puppy will be ready to go to its new home. Usually at the age of 8 weeks, depending on the progress of the puppy and how easily it is weaned from the mother. We will not, under any circumstances, let the puppy leave before it is ready.
3. The puppy is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of sale.
4. The puppy will be up to date on shots and worming at the time of pick up of the puppy. It is very important that you continue the vaccinations and worming. Please do not expose your puppy to other dogs that are not vaccinated until he/she has completed the entire vaccination schedule - around 16-20 weeks old.
5. The puppy will have been vet checked, dew claws removed, and deemed in good health at the time of sale.
6. The buyer, at their own expense, should have the puppy examined by a Licensed Vet within 72 hours of receiving the puppy.
7. Documentation must be sent to the breeder within ten days in order for the Health Guarantee to be honored.
8. If within 72 hours, a Licensed Vet finds the puppy to be unhealthy or unfit for sale, the puppy may be returned for a different puppy - provided the puppy has not been injured or neglected. The veterinarian must provide a written statement deeming the puppy “unhealthy for purchase”.
9. This guarantee does not cover any health issues caused by neglect or injury from the buyer.
10. This guarantee does not include minor illnesses and health issues such as colds, allergies, internal or external parasites or umbilical hernias. However, the breeder will disclose any known illnesses or health issues prior to the sale.
11. The breeder can not assume responsibility for this puppy after 72 hours of the sale. It is the responsibility of the buyer to care for the puppy properly and keep it free from harm. 3 Please remember that your puppy must be treated with great care and protected from danger.
12. You should only feed your puppy Purina Puppy Chow until 6 months of age. After your puppy reaches 6 months of age, you are to wean your puppy off of the puppy chow and onto Purina Dog Chow. ( Your puppy is not to be fed grain free food of any kind )
13. The breeder assumes no responsibility for any medical expenses incurred after the sale.
14. The breeder assumes no responsibility for training difficulties or behavior problems.
15. If for any reason you are unable to keep the puppy, you agree to contact the breeder and not place the puppy in another home unless given permission by the breeder.
16. If a puppy is to pass away, a necropsy must be done by a licensed vet and sent to the breeder at the owner’s expense .
17. If any emergencies arise, you are to call (434) 250-9764 no matter the time. No texts or instant messages for emergencies.
Your new puppy will come with a 1 year health guarantee. This guarantees the health of your puppy for the first year of its life starting at birth. If the health agreement is unvoided, you have the option to receive a new puppy when one becomes available (must be of equal or lesser value). All puppies will be up to date on all vaccines and deworming at the time of pickup.
If any of the following occur, your puppy health guarantee will become void:
1. Your puppy isn’t up to date on all shots.
2. You did not make us aware of your puppy’s passing within 24 hours after it has passed. a. You did not get a necropsy done immediately after your puppy passes.
3. You did not get a second opinion from our specified veterinarian. (Physical puppy must be present; records cannot just be sent over.)
4. You feed your puppy any food other than Purina Puppy/Dog Chow (unless recommended by a vet for a medical reason not including your vet’s preference on food). This includes any grain free foods.
5. Your puppy is taken out in public before being fully vaccinated.